Friday, April 14, 2006

And where have YOU been, Young Lady???


Well, I wasn't there... That is from my California trip last month...

Let's recap our wonderful week, shall we???

Monday: started my new dosage of Concerta (my ADD drug)... New dosage is working really well. Starting to get better organized in my work tasks. My to-do list for this week includes 11 items, 4 of which I can reasonably accomplish during the week. This includes the major excursion that I am in the middle of getting contained and dispositioned...

Tuesday: OOOH! Stitch and Bitch! My favorite! Kept working on the major excursion. Went to another area and looked at 11 lots of bad material under a microscope to classify the extent of the exursion and what would need to be taken out as bad material... Looked at so many wafers that my eyes got crossed for most of the day. Went to the big meeting to discuss how to take care of the bad material and had all of my duckies in a row! Yay! Went to another meeting to pass down the knowledge from the excursion and was given the task of organizing and presenting 2 training sessions in the next week in identification of defects... Both of the classes will keep me at work late Friday and Monday... Went to SnB and had a wonderful time! You grrrlz save my life each week! Also looked at the calendar, found I can finally take a couple of vacation days and bought a ticket to Florida for April 25 - May 1 to go see my parents. I have been trying to schedule this trip since February...

Wednesday: Are ALL of these meetings scheduled REALLY necessary? I guess so... Finished up the disposition of the bad material and sent the information off to the powers that be. Somehow, my TO-DO list has now grown to 25 items, how did that happen? I have finished the 4 items I needed to finish this week and I am now working on the data pull from hell... Met with my counterparts from across the country to find out another factory had the same kind of excursion that we had. We will all share our learnings next week at a face to face meeting at our factory in Phoenix. Went to one meeting where someone handed running the meeting over to me and I was not prepared at all. I was able to wing it pretty well for that situation. FINALLY got my butt back on the ice... Man, I was sore when I got off of the ice, but it was SO worth it... No sleep for the weary tonight, too many thoughts flowing through my head. Ended up on the couch so I wouldn't keep my hubby awake all night... Finally got to sleep around 2am.

Thursday: I am tired and cranky from no sleep. Still working on the data pull from hell when someone mentions another problem that came up. Researched the problem and found the cause. Tried to find the person to help me fix the cause, but he was out sick... Everyone wants the cause fixed immediately but we can't do that because of the sick human. Noticing my derriere is getting smaller from the chewings I am getting from the problem... How did my TO-DO list grow to 32 items? Finished the data pull from hell after my computer decided to crash 4 times on me... I think I need to do a major hard drive backup before this computer crashes for good. Went to my 2 late meetings and got out of work at 7pm. Went home, started working on the test pattern and found that there was a mistake in the pattern... Oh well... Hit the hot tub with my hubby and watched a bunch of Law and Order episodes. Tried to get to sleep, but sleep was not forthcoming... Who needs sleep? Crashed on the couch again around 2am...

Friday: That would be today... Just finished one training session, I have different one at 1pm and yet another different training at 5:30 pm... I am training a lot of folks this week... I still need to get the presentation finished for the 5:30 training session so I can post it for future reference... I am hoping to leave work by 6:30 to get my butt to the rink by 7pm and skate for an hour or so... Hopefully there will NOT be a busload or three of munchkins there, or else I will not be skating tonight. Nothing is worse for me than trying to practice a jump or spin around a bunch of "wall rats". Since they can't skate, I have to anticipate their moves and plan my moves around that, no fun... My TO-DO list is now up to 40 items, WTF??? So far, I have been able to cross off 20 of those, so that leaves 20 things to start next week off with (not including what will be added later today).

Saturday: Plan to do social knitting with Bev and Noelle! I am SO PSYCHED! I also plan to stop by Village Wools, submit my idea (semi-syllabus) for a 2 socks on 2 circs class and chat with Scout for a bit.

FYI: I am not going to be around very much for the next 2 weeks. I am leaving at noon on Tuesday, April 18th for a business trip out to Phoenix. I am coming home from that trip on Friday, April 21st at 5pm. I will be home for a couple of days, then I am leaving again on Tuesday, April 25th at 5pm to lie under palm trees and drink "that frozen concoction that helps me hang on" (Thanks to Jimmy Buffett). I am coming home from Florida on Monday, May 1st at 9:30 am and will drive to my Dr for my yearly "well woman checkup" at 11am. I will be back to normal reality life at 1pm... I will post my WIP's tonight or tomorrow :-)

Now, back to your regularly scheduled blogging already in progress...