Thursday, December 29, 2005

2 in a row, time to hide....

Ah, it's finally Thursday...

Not much going on today, need to take the kid out to get a Cricket Phone (our last cell phone bill was too high. Cricket gives unlimited talk time, text message and free long distance, it should work for the kiddo), get the grocery shopping done, then try to finish up the Kitty Cat Sweater. I have an inch left to do on the neck, then sew up the underarm seams and I will be done! YEAH! I was hoping to have it done for tomorrow, but unless I wear it without washing and blocking it, that will have to wait until next week...

Saturday is our 6th wedding anniversary. Not sure what hubby and I will be doing that day. I am not the type to go out drinking all night long (and since I am on-call at work, that option is toast) so I guess we will try to make reservations at a restaurant for a nice dinner. Hubby suggested going out to 10K Waves for a private hot tub, but since they want reservations 2 weeks in advance, that may not happen. We will see...

Monday morning (9am Mountain time), our beloved Gators play in the Outback Bowl against Iowa. After our cruise, hubby and I went on an Everglades tour and picked ourselves up some really silly gator hats. We will be wearing them while we watch the game. We have a group of us here in ABQ (an Unofficial Gator Alumni Club) at Coaches on Central. Damn, 9am is too early to be drinking beer, I sure hope they have breakfast burritos!!! It should be a good game to watch. Urban Meyer (IMHO) has done a great job with our team this year! Any year we beat Tennessee (Rocky Top, you'll always be 2nd in the SEC...) and Florida State (Hey, another one of their players was arrested, big surprise..) it is a GOOD year!!!! GEAUX GATORS!!!

Hubby asked me to knit his black scarf for warmth on his motorcycle. THIS is a good excuse to drag him to our LYS to pick up his yarn. I am not sure if he wants this in 100% wool or if acrylic would work for him. I would make it in the Cashmerino I did my scarf in, but they don't carry it in black... Hmmm, maybe some nice alpaca???? I guess the wimple will have to wait for a bit... I am also still working on designing the next sweater. I have the yarn (a New Zealand wool in a nice shade of lavendar), I just need to figure out what to do with it. I will probably keep it simple and follow a pattern out of my Sweater Workshop book rather than getting too freaky with it. That way, I can really go nuts on the next one, once I figure out how much "shrink" the pattern thing really puts into the sweater. (and the matching up of the sleeves to the body)

Are we there yet??????