Friday, March 10, 2006

California, Day 5


Yesterday was sheer hell at work... So what do we do to relieve the stress??? KNIT!!!

At 5pm, I took off from work and braved rush hour traffic to head out to Communknity... OMG!!! I found my home away from home...

I browsed through the yarn and books for a while... Nothing different in the books, same ones I find at Village Wools... Yarn, now THAT is a different story... There was a brand new hand-painted yarn there.... I picked up a really nice blue and white yarn for sockies... There was another 100% Merino hand paint that I also picked up...

After the shopping, I hung out with a few of the women there... They had a couple of couches and a nice rocking chair that surrounded a fireplace (that was not operational...) We hung out and had our own "social knitting night". We were talking about how knitting really breaks down a lot of barriers between people and you can get a couple of knitters together anywhere who don't know each other and the conversation just ends up flowing. It was REALLY nice... I was having a tough time out here, just going from work to the hotel back to work back to the hotel... Having a couple of hours to just talk with other knitters was sheer HEAVEN!!! I will be heading back out there this weekend and next week to knit and chat with other women... Yup, I have officially found my home away from home...

No big plans for tonight, I will keep knitting on my 2 pairs of socks that are currently on the needles. Tomorrow, I am planning to head up to Sonoma for some wine tasting and a visit to Infinion Raceway... WHEE!!!!!