Saturday, March 11, 2006

California, Day 6


Here is a picture from the Picchetti winery we visited last week... Pretty area...

Today was "be a freaking bum" day... I slept in till about 8:15, went down, got some breakfast, then came up to my room and knit for a while... I am working on starting another pair of socks with my Lana Grossa yarn that I found at Comunknity the last time I was out here in San Jose... MAN, this yarn is just soft and delicious to work with... After watching some basketball and doing some knitting, I got a little lonely and decided to head out to Comunknity to get some yarn and have a little bit of social knitting time... I picked up the Winter issue of Interweave knits for the cool sock pattern and the short row explanations...
I met Scout's Secret Pal, who was working at Communknity today, she was really a neat person... We hung out and knit and chatted... I think I am going to start a Clapotis, they look so cool. Noelle did hers and it looks like something I can use at work to keep warm at work... I will post some pics next week of the place that has been my "home away from home"...

I also posted a picture of the Mountain Lion Warning sign that was posted at Picchetti Winery... I love this sign, I think it is a hoot ;-) (For all MSTies out there... KITTTTTTY!!!)

If you ever see a mountain lion, you should not let small children wander out of sight... DUH!!!
The sign also tells you to sing, whistle or talk while you hike to alert the lion of your presence... I guess the song "What's New, Pussycat" would not be a good choice... The sign also tells you at the end to fight back if attacked... Now, is that a no-brainer or what??? This is after telling you to keep children close to you and to pick them up without bending down... So, now that I have totally screwed up my back and I can no longer walk or move and I have a child in my arms, I am totally gonna be dinner for the kitty....

The warning sign could save a lot of time by saying "This is a Mountain Lion. Make lots of noise. Don't turn your back on the kitty. If you have children with you, you will make a delicious meal for the lion and they prefer it if you just sprinkle salt over yourself before you are attacked..."

Tomorrow... Wine tasting and Sea Lions... If I get my butt out of bed in time... No, they don't make wine from Sea Lions... I have to take a drive down to Santa Cruz to see the sea lions... Then, up to Sonoma to taste some wine... If all works out well...