Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dinner deserves it's own post

The wharf at Santa Cruz... Great place to go check out Sea Lions...

Yes, it's my last night here... Stitch and Bitch grrlz, I really missed you tonight and I was thinking about ya while eating dinner... Looking forward to seeing everyone next Tuesday...

Made the decision... Since I didn't pack my size 8 circs, the socks won out...

Since I have FINALLY completed the audit and 90% of the problems were solved on this trip, I decided I deserved a REALLY nice dinner out... So, I made reservations after work and went out to one of my faves in San Jose, La Papillon...

Dinner started out with a glass of Champagne (yup, the real stuff from France) to celebrate all of the hard work I have put in over the last 2 trips out here to get this transfer to run smoothly...

Dinner was served with bread and the dining utensils were SILVER...They gave me a petit fois gras for an appetizer, free of charge (SWEET!) OMG!!! MELT!!! Yummy... The next course (again, freebie) was an anise/duck consumme (again, MELT...) For dinner, I had the wild mushroom open ravioli with a glass of chardonnay... This ravioli was TO DIE FOR... After taking 45 minutes to finish the entree (and savor EVERY bite of it) I went for dessert... They had a bittersweet chocolate mousse topping a crust of macadamia nuts... SHEER HEAVEN!!! The only way to describe this meal is a culinary orgasm... No kidding! Every bite was a flavor explosion in your mouth. Incredible... Unfortunately, KIP was IMPOSSIBLE at this place...

Mike, you missed a GREAT dinner... Maybe next time...

Now, time to go to sleep. Gotta be up and out of the room by 4am to catch a 6am flight back to Albuquerque... Yup, I was doing the "cabbage patch" down the hallway of the hotel this evening singing "I'm going Home!!!!"

"Fate must have a reason... Why else endure the season of Hollow Soul"... k.d. lang - been my theme song this week... Gonna do a figure skating program to this song this fall!!!