Sunday, April 30, 2006

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

OK, well, I am in the process of packing my bags for the trip tomorrow...
Here is the rest of the week recap:


SATURDAY: We got up with the chickens and headed back to the beach! Mom, Dad, myself and the Dog made another beach run so I could get some pretty pictures of the beach. We got there and Mother Ocean was even angrier than she was on Friday. Way Cool!!! I decided I would try to go onto the Jetty to snap some pictures of the waves crashing over the rocks... I got about a quarter of the way up the Jetty and realized that these waves were big! Some of the spray coming off of the Jetty was going up 8 or 9 feet into the air... Hmmm... How to get to the END of the Jetty with camera in hand without giving the camera a salt water bath... Timed my walking down the Jetty and left my shoes in a dry area. When I got to the end of the Jetty, it was beautiful. Lots of waves and lots of pictures!!! I got a bunch of shots, thanked Mother Nature and Mother Ocean for their beauty and made my way back down the Jetty with my camera neatly tucked away in it's camera bag... I got about a third of the way down the Jetty and looked up... At that point, everything went into Super-Slow-Motion... Out of my mouth came the word "FUDGE..." (But I didn't say Fudge, I said THE WORD... The Queen Mother of ALL SWEAR WORDS... The F... Dash... Dash... Dash word...(From "A Christmas Story")) I turned back around and a 9 foot splash hit my back starting at the hair and going down... I ran into Mom as I was picking up my nice dry shoes. Mom commented that it looked like I got a little wet. I turned around and showed her that my entire back was drenched... She laughed! I took off my soaking wet t-shirt (Yes, I had a bikini on under my shirt and shorts) and walked on to meet Dad and the Dog... We walked around a bit more and I took some more pictures. The second lighthouse picture didn't turn out as nice as the first. (The reason the lighthouse picture was removed from my blog is so I can use PSP and put a watermark on the shot before I upload it again... This one could enter a contest someday) We went to the Dairy Bar for some ice cream (a tradition with Mom, Dad and the Dog) and hung out under the bridge watching a pelican successfully catch some breakfast. I looked through the pics and found a few nice "Ocean Spray" pictures. We left the beach and came home and watched the Busch race. After the Busch race, we went over to Aunt Jody's house (the aunt I ran into at the Phoenix airport last Friday) and went up to a little restaurant in Flagler Beach called Martin's. If you are EVER in Flagler Beach, go eat here... Dad ordered Prime Rib, Mom ordered Filet Mignon, I ordered broiled scallops and Jody had a broiled seafood sampler... Mom's Filet weighed in at around a pound (for $20) and Dad's Prime Rib had to be 4 lbs of meat (for about $20). THE PORTIONS WERE FREAKING HUGE!!! I don't think me and my son could have finished all of that meat! We drove home, watched the Truck Race and crashed out.


SUNDAY: We took Grandma out to brunch for Mother's Day... Yes, I know it is still April... But no one will be here for Mother's Day... We had a great time. The food was yummy and the company was even better. I finally satisfied my craving for Sweet Tea... (Yup, another Southern Thang...) We hung out at Grandma's apartment for a while and looked though pictures and where the wasps were trying to build a nest up on the 8th floor of her building. We headed to Target, got some Florida Gator National Championship Swag and headed home to watch the NA$CAR race... Then the rain started at the track up in Talladega, so we watched rain coverage... The race ended up getting postponed to Monday... Bummer... So we hung out, munched out on leftovers and did some stuff around the house... Now, it's time for me to pack. Mom lent me another suitcase so I could take my new yarn, t-shirts and other treasures home in. I have to leave here by 5:45 am (That would be 3:45am Mountain time) to catch my 7:50 flight. I get back home to Albuquerque at 9:50 am, have an 11:15 Dr appt (You know, that yearly check-up that all of us women have grown to love...) then back to work at 1pm...

Knitting content: Nothing got finished on this trip... I am close, though... I will see how tired I am on the flight back to ABQ. I may knit, I may read or I may just sleep... I will figure that out tomorrow... I will be back for SnB on Tuesday :-) When Mom comes out in August/September, she wants to come to our SnB meeting too :-) That will be Tres cool!!!

Cuz I'm leaving on a Jet Plane, Don't know when I'll be back again....