Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Yeah, I know...


I should be much better about my blogging, but life seems to keep getting in the way... We all know how that goes...

Yes, I made it home in good shape. I really needed that vacation and after 1 week at work, I need another one... BLEH! Right now, I have a TO DO list at work that is growing longer by the minute and the headache that started yesterday at about 2pm is getting worse also. It's not a killer migraine, but it's enough for me to notice it while trying to work. We had a class last week called Human Dynamics. At first, I figured this would be one of those useless classes, but it turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done in my life! In those 2 days, I learned so much about myself, how I work and how to communicate with others who are a different dynamic. My cool discoveries? First, my emotional well being is tied directly to my physical well being. Yup, that is why I have stress migraines. Another really cool discovery is that I can feel other people's emotional state. It was weird, 2 days after I took the class, we had a couple of meetings back to back where there was a lot of bad news handed down. At the end of the second meeting, I could REALLY feel everyone else's stress and fear and it was starting to affect me! I left, found a conference room, knitted and did some meditations to clear my head. I came back to work fine after that. I never realized how much everyone else had been affecting me and that I don't have to own THEIR emotional reactions as my own if I do not want to (another startling revelation). The last thing, I realized that whenever something bad happens, I tend to blame myself first when that may not be the case. The message from the class I got was be aware, don't get into other people's muck (unless you want to) and detatch from the situation and ask questions to get objective... No kidding, the class was a freaking life changing experience! (BTW, the current headache is from sugar withdrawls...)

Now for the fun stuff! I have my warping board, I have my dye, I have my masks, I have my scrubs and lab coat, utensils, table cover, I am ready to do the DEED! I picked up some practice yarn at Village Wools on Saturday. Unfortunately, the weekend went by way too quickly and I didn't have a chance to play. Last night, I wound my first ball on the warping board and got the sections tied off. I am letting it hang in hubby's office to straighten a little bit (his office is also a cat free zone) and I am hoping to play with the dye on Wednesday!

The Shadow Shawl is really a lot of fun! I have the chevron stripes set up and am into the middle of it... SO easy to pick up and do! My socks are patiently waiting for me to finish the shawl!