Friday, April 28, 2006

Guess the upload just takes a little time to work

Geez... Picky computer... Must be dial-up!

Today, we went to the beach... Then, I realized in utter horror that I did NOT recharge the battery in my camera. So, I take out the back-up camera battery... Dead... $*(&(@#*$&#@^$ We are going back to the beach tomorrow to take pictures... I had enough battery power to snag this shot at Ponce Inlet... Then, out to Krystal's for some YUMMY Krystal Burgers... (Think White Castle burgers...) I really, really, really, really, really, really miss Krystal Burgers. I think it's a Southern thing, but they are SO GOOD!!!

Summing up our adventures to this point...

Wednesday: spent most of the day taking the dog to the vet. Poor thing caught his toenail and ripped it up from the nail bed. Mom and I took Bo over to the vet and she asked for him to stay with her for the day. Mom, Dad and I then went up the road to the Farmer's Market/Flea Market at the Volusia County Fairgrounds. They had this really cute tote bag for 3 bucks with kitties all over it, had to get it. We walked around, tasted some of the freshest veggies I have had in a LONG time. The tomatoes I got were sugar sweet. MMMMMM. Saw a vendor selling plants with this HUGE purple rose bush in bloom... (Why can't I take it home? Stupid agricultural rules). Came home, took a nap. Got up, Bo was back from the vet, but he was really stoned (or still sedated). Dad made the bestest ribs for dinner. These ribs just FELL OFF OF THE BONE! The sauce was totally yummy. MMMMM...

Thursday: looked like a good day to go out running. Started at the meeting, then went to the new Harley-Davidson store down the road. Got DH a cool shirt (yes honey, it is in XXL this time) and found myself some clear goggles for the bike for 15 bucks. Mom was over at the sale rack and found this really cool ladies tank top (in pink) with the HD logo that says "Shut up and Hang on"... PERFECT!!! After the HD store, on to explore the LYS's in the northern Orlando area...
KNIT: this was a really cute yarn store out in Longwood. She had NO sock yarn, but she had some fun frou-frou yarn and a load of really soft alpaca yarn in the back of the store. A big table and a big couch to encourage folks to come into the store and knit... Tres cool! She was really really nice and very helpful. I found some funky yarn that will turn into something eventually. I also picked up my Addi Turbo needles (size 5, 24" length) for the shadow shawl. She is even open on SUNDAY!!! She had social knitting on Thursday nights (but I didn't go...)
NEEDLE ORTS:this was listed as a yarn store but there was NO YARN in there, just needlecraft stuff. I need to let the map muse know this store has NO YARN.
SIP AND KNIT: When we drove up to the store, I thought it looked really familiar from my former life in Orlando. Talked to the owners, it was the cake decorating shop I used to visit when I lived here. They had a silly looking cement sheep when you came up to the door... Cool! Went into the store, there was yarn everywhere! Yarn in the front room, books in the side room, yarn in the back room (along with a large table for social knitting.) Yarn out the Wazoo! I found some fun yarn called Swizzle for socks, they also had some Koigu that Village Wools didn't have (this yummy solid purple and some light blues), and this great new yarn I had heard of online but had never seen. Yo, Scout, can Village Wools order some Regia Silk??? This yarn is TO DIE FOR.... SOFT!!! I got a couple of balls in pink (I am in a pink phase right now) and it will be so nice to knit up!!! I am looking forward to it! I ended up with 2 Swizzles (100g balls), 2 Juvel (for socks, 50g balls), 4 Koigu and 2 balls of Regia Silk (50g balls) for less than $100... Steal of the Century in my book....

After all of the shopping was done, we hit I-4 at 4:30 pm from Orlando to DeBary... Major rush hour... Someone forgot to tell the folks on the road about this because we were able to do 65 the entire way home. This is a FREAKING MIRACLE! This is the first time on I-4 that I have not had words coming out of my mouth that would make a sailor blush! Dad made Coconut Shrimp for dinner and Mom made this yummy dipping sauce for it (sweet and spicy... MMMM). We hung out for a while (the dog is not stoned anymore and he is starting to act like his normal self again). For desert, we had this decedant concoction. It was strawberries (big, red and ripe) with chocolate drizzled over them and then we dipped them in mint-flavored heavy whipped cream... OMG!!! This is one for our next party! YUM!

Friday: Today was "go to the beach" day. I mentioned the camera battery fiasco already. We went out to Ponce Inlet down here and hung out at the beach. Dad took the metal detector around the beach looking for treasures (Yup, he is retired and loving it!!!) The wind was strong, the waves were crashing on the Jetty and we found 2 kitties hanging out on the Jetty looking for handouts from the local fishermen. One was a little gray momma kitty who was about to have her babies... She was so cute and such a talker. Note to self: bring kitty food to the beach tomorrow am when we go take pictures... Came home and now I am hanging out and updating the blog...

Knitting stuff: I am almost finished with the Sixth Sense socks and I have turned both of the heels on my test socks. Both should be close to done by Monday. I am about to start a new pair, but not sure which ones... I hope I have enough room in my suitcase to take all of my treasures home... I have a bunch of orange GATOR shirts that my parents found at the flea market a few weeks ago... I will add more later this weekend before I come home! I hope to have some fantastic pix to post from the beach!!!