Sunday, April 02, 2006

My beloved Gators, Clapotis and AFGO

Sorry for the lack of postings this week, I had some bad back spasms all week that didn't allow me to do much other than lie down and take some muscle relaxers to take the spasms down to a dull roar...

Last night, we went over to my boss's house to watch the Final Four in Men's BB... My Beloved Gators were playing against George Mason in the first game and UCLA played LSU in the second game. We got there a few minutes after tip-off and my Gators had a pretty nice lead. Then George Mason started catching up. Me, being extremely superstitious, realized that "Hey, I need to knit... My Gators don't win if I am not knitting". So, this party is going on and I break out my knitting... ROTFLMAO!!! It worked! Gators won the game by a pretty good margin and are going to be facing UCLA tomorrow for the National Championship... Did I think the Gators would be in this game??? Nope! But, I am happy that they are... We are going to Coaches Locker Room tomorrow night to watch the Gators with our unofficial Gator Club...

I finished the Clapotis during the second game and decided that since it was a bit chilly that I would wear it... My boss's teenaged daughter said "Hey, that's really cool, did you just make that today???" LOL! Teenagers... It felt good getting a compliment like that from a teenager...

We then watched the Formula One race from Australia... What a cool freaking race!!! Dang, when those engines "done blow up", they do it in pretty spectacular fashion... Still debating on going to the F1 race in Indianapolis this year... It could be fun :-)

What is AFGO??? A very wise woman told me that when things really seem to be going wrong, they aren't going wrong... It's AFGO... Another F*cking Growth Opportunity... Well, the newest "growth opportunity" hit me square between the eyes yesterday. My 17 year old son announced that he was going to move back to Florida to live with his Dad after the school year was over... I know this is nothing personal, but it really hurts like hell... Even though I think it would be a good thing for him to do... It's a mixed bag... I don't think I am really processing it yet... I still have a couple of months left with him before he goes... Honestly, I thought I had another year before this day came... I will make the most of the time we have together... I know I have raised him well and we all need to say good-bye to our kids at some point in our adult lives. I have always told myself that my job was to make sure he had the right skills to go out and be successful in the adult world... I think he has most of those skills... His dad has done a lot of good growing and changing in the last several years and I think that he can give my son the last of those skills before he really moves on... I am gonna miss him like crazy, but he is a man now, he deserves to make these decisions in his life and I am going to support him and love him no matter what those decisions are...