Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dye-O-Rama Meme

OK, I play follow the leader A LOT... So, here is my Dye-O-Rama Meme:

Your favorite colors? Purple, blue, pink
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Fingering or sport
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multi-colored
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Doesn't matter which one
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Would prefer wool/nylon or wool/silk
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? I don't know, it would depend on the colors I use for the colorway...
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Learning to dye yarn

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Not before this
If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? Acid Dye
Do you spin? No
Have you knit socks before? Oh Yeah!
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? I use sock yarn for other patterns too!
What are some of your favorite yarns? STR, Lorna's Laces, Opal, Regia Silk
What yarn do you totally covet? Lorna's Laces
Favorite patterns? None, I like to make it up as I go
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? No
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Addi Turbo 24" circulars
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? 100% silk

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Dove Milk Chocolate
What’s your favorite animal? Cats
Do you have pets? Yes
What are their species/names/ages? OK, from the top... Dog/Puma/8 yrs old, Dog/Roxie/2 yrs old, Iguana/Gorgo/7 years old, Canary/Godzilla/6 months old, Fish/a bunch/various ages, Cat/Ziggy/15 yrs old, Cat/Killer Shrew/13 years old, Cat/Entropy/7 years old, Cat/Maus/5 years old, Cat/Mewstrodamas/3 years old, Cat/Boris/3 years old, Cat/Fromage/3 years old, Cat/Natasha/3 years old, Cat/Dust Bunny/2 years old, Cat/Ashley/2 - 3 years old, Cat/Tabitha/3 - 4 years old
If you were a color what color would you be? Blue
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. My Scooby Doo Shirt that says "Here comes trouble" on the front and "There goes trouble" on the back
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Mother Ocean
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "You don't have a clue. You couldn't get a clue if you were wearing clue musk in a field of horney clues and doing the clue mating dance".
Do you have a wishlist? Nope
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Is it Friday yet??? ;-)

Not much going on in life... I dyed my first "test dye" on yarn... I hate how it turned out :-P So, I learned some lessons about choices of colors. I will probably play with my other color choices sometime this weekend! Self striping yarn is fun to do :-) I will start dying handpainted yarn for sale after I am done with my Dye-O-Rama buddy's yarn. I just ordered a whole bunch of dye and will see where I go from there. My yarn is going to be called "Moo Kitty Paw Prints" and I will be donating part of the proceeds from the yarn to ACAT, a no-kill organization helping cats here in Albuquerque. I have come to the realization that I can't save all of the kitties who need homes, so I will help them try to save the kitties!

Does anyone know how to contact Henry's Attic for wholesale yarn? I didn't see anything on the internet and would like to order some yarn from them....