Thursday, October 19, 2006

Off the face of the planet again...

Remind me to blog about the last two weeks, there was so much going on that I have not had time to update...



List of things I need to blog about:
1. Talladega Road Trip
2. House Update
3. Arizona State Fair
4. The final product from the hotel dishwasher dyeing experiment

Yes, it is 5am and I ain't blogging because I just woke up! We started night shift last night and I have about an hour left before I head home and crash out! I have done more here in 11 hours than 2 normal workdays on day shift. I am finding a treasure trove of information out there for my training and having a blast digging into it! Have I mentioned that my ADD medication doesn't last for an entire shift? Oh lookie! I found a Kit-Kat bar in the drawer of my desk!

Since I got back, I have finally found time to do some spinning! I found some delicious Superwash Merino wool dyed in some awesome colors at another LYS I visited on Tuesday before the fair! Now, I just need to find out where I can get some Superwash Merino Sheep and I will be set!

Another discovery, daytime TV really sucks!!!

I found a Trader Joe's close by! This week, I will be trying the Mac and Cheese, some Brioche, some tamales and Quiche. The miso soup they carry is awesome, I am totally hooked on their granola with TJ's nonfat yogurt for breakfast (or dinner for you normies) and the escargot are to DIE FOR!!!

Who had the brilliant idea to show NASCAR and my Beloved Gators AT THE SAME TIME???

Chiropractors are good! My hips hurt but my neck feels better than it has in years! Maybe after a few more treatments, I can get back on the skates again!

The weather has finally cooled off to the mid 80's!

I am coming home again between October 29th to Nov 1st. Yes, I will be at Stitch and Bitch on Tuesday night... Still at Flying Star Cafe??? I have decided that I love the compressed work week because it gives me more time off for the weekend! Now, if I can just get my family down here to Phoenix, it would be perfect!

Great things about working night shift:
1. Traffic is going the other way
2. Great parking spots are always available at work
3. Go to work and it is light out, come home from work and it is light out!
4. 12% shift differential
5. Peace and quiet to get work done efficiently
6. At 5am, everyone is a bit loopy
7. Get to go to the fair when no one is there
8. Can schedule appointments and not have to take time off of work
9. Esthetics school is open for discount facials when you are not working
10. Can knit in peace on my lunch break!