Friday, February 24, 2006

Quickie Update

Now, doesn't this defeat the purpose of a bird feeder? Or do we have 2 bird feeders going on here? Yes, this guy was in our backyard hanging out on top of our bird feeder... In the middle of a very bustling suburb... The hawk is real, he is not a decoy...

Where to start??? Work has been a bear! I got back on Tuesday (after having President's Day off). I submitted my expense report for my last trip then turned around and made my arrangements for my trip out there starting March 5th... The good part? I get to go back to my favorite LYS in San Jose, Communknity, and play around there! I am looking forward to a couple of weeks of social knitting! It will help take my mind off of the fact that I will not be able to be with my Albuquerque SnB Grrlz! So, for the next week, I will be getting the cats herded for the next part of the trip ;-)

My socks that rock yarn came in yesterday! I got a hank of the Queen Rock yarn. I am looking forward to winding it up and playing with it on another pair of socks...

I "Allisoned" someone yesterday. I had been working on a pair of socks for a friend's wife. She got them yesterday and loved them :-) Always makes me feel good when one of my projects finds a good home! Still working on the Jaywalker socks, part 2, and another pair... At least the trip will allow me time to work on that. I am also thinking about digging out another sweater and working on it... It is a pretty cable design that I will use from a pattern book and I will adapt it to my style of working on sweaters in the round rather than a piecemeal sweater... Should be fun! The yarn is an alpaca/wool/silk blend that feels yummy on the skin!!!