Saturday, February 25, 2006

Trip to the Frog Pond...

Here lies the last picture of Jaywalkers part 2 before they went to the Frog Pond... Completely...

Why did they go to the Frog Pond after a heel turn? Tried one of the socks on and couldn't get the sock on past my ankle... Grrr... Rip... As Cartman from South Park likes to say "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home..."

What did the trip to the Frog Pond teach me? Plenty. First, some yarns are better for some patterns than others. Yarns like Opal and Jawoll have a looser tension to them, so they tend to stretch more. These yarns are good for a tight pattern like the Jaywalker sock pattern. Tight tension yarns such as Lorna's Laces and Socks that Rock do not lend themselves easily to a tight pattern like this pattern... So, what to do with this beautiful Lorna's Laces yarn???

We go WAY OFF THE DEEP END and design our own sock!!! Here is my progress so far on a pattern I am calling MooKitty's Toe Up Mock Cable Pattern... If you click on the link, you will notice the pattern is not complete... The pattern will be complete when the socks are complete... I figured it would be good to write down what I do on my "made up" socks so if I ever take one out and decide to make it again, I will know what I did... Yup, ADD is a WONDERFUL thing ;-) I will bring these to our Albuquerque SnB meeting on Tuesday to show everyone... The picture does not do the socks justice... So far, so good on the fit... We are using Lorna's Laces in the Georgetown color for these socks also...

We have started making plans for the business trip to San Jose starting on March 5th... One of my co-workers wants to go out wine tasting on the 5th (Sunday) to a couple of wineries close to where we are staying... So far, there are 5 of us going on this road trip... Should be a ton of fun!!! I want to try to go up to Sonoma on Saturday the 11th to go to a couple of my favorite wineries up there and get some yummy wine to bring back to Albuquerque... I also want to visit the Infinion Raceway again...

Time to watch the Busch race from California Speedway! And knit some more on the new socks...