Saturday, February 18, 2006

Yeah! I am HOME!!!

Here are the socks I finished on my way home last night... Go Sock Team! Yup, these were my toe-up Olympic Knitting socks... The turned out better than I thought they would... I am wearing them around the house right now...

Yesterday was not a good day... I am on my way to the airport, so I decided to stop at a LYS in San Jose to check out the yarn sold there... I was picking up some Lorna's Laces and saw a big old advertisement at the register for Stitches West... Stitches West was going on that day, at a convention center that was 1/2 mile from where I had been working all week... I WAS SO PISSED! Next year, since this seems to coincide with our big litho conference, I will go out to San Jose a couple of days early and go!

There were a couple of nice knitting shops in San Jose. One store, Communknitty, had a really cool back room with tables and couches where the local SnB group meets. Apparently, they meet on Wed and Sundays... When I am back out there for business, I will be heading there for the social knitting... The other neat thing I saw at both of the yarn stores was that they were both full with folks just sitting in the shop knitting... Cool concept. They had some really cool Lana Grossa sock yarn... Since I had heard about it but I have never knit with it, I picked up a couple of balls (80% wool/20% nylon) and give it a try... No one in San Jose carried Opal... Weird... Lots of Cascade, though... The other store I visited, The Knitting Room, carried a HUGE selection of Lorna's Laces... Picked up a couple of hanks of it also...

Looks like I will be spending a bunch of time in San Jose that I was not intending on doing... The first third (Silly me, thinking I would finish) of the audit was very enlightening... We are messed up... TOTALLY! It will take us a while to get everything taken care of and in order... I will be back for a week to get things organized then back out for a couple of weeks... BLEH!

I have started my new set of Jaywalkers with Lorna's Laces Georgetown color... I will post a pic once I get a little further into it... Let me tell ya, casting on in a VERY crowded LAX (LA Airport) with a TON of flights running between 1 - 2 hours late was a challenge... The place was a freaking zoo! Both of my flights were delayed last night... Instead of getting home at 9:30, I was flying in at midnight... Between the west coast weather delays, the midwest weather, and the fact it was a 3 day holiday weekend, we didn't stand a chance. We spent 30 minutes in line just to go through airport security at San Jose... Now, San Jose is not a really big airport... I am glad I got there 2 hours before my flight...

I heard our LYS was broken into last night... I tried calling the shop but got no answer... Does anyone here in ABQ have any more info on what happened and how they are doing??? Since we really only have 1 LYS in the area, this is a huge blow... I hope everyone is OK and that things weren't too bad...

It takes a week long business trip to really make you appreciate the comforts of home... This morning, I was looking through the refrigerator thinking about how lucky I am... I crashed in my own bed last night with DH and most of the kitties... It was SO NICE! I have really missed this place... It is really great to be home again...