Sunday, January 29, 2006

Here is the scarf...

Here is a pic of my hubby's scarf... The most common question asked while making the scarf? "Is that for Halloween???".... Um....no...

Just hanging out, watching the end of the 24 Hours of Daytona Rolex race... My favorite driver, Rusty Wallace, was in the race for his first time... The car actually lead the race at one point, but a win was not in the cards... The car was retired from the race during hour 8 last night. I have a TON of admiration for anyone who competes on a team in this race... 24 hours of straight racing in one car is an endurance test for any engine...

I am looking forward to getting my Lorna's Laces sock yarn that I ordered a couple of days ago. The woman who I am getting them from had a great selection of yarns with colors I hadn't seen at my LYS. The package shipped yesterday :-) I fell in love with this yarn when Carole was knitting with it during our Jaywalker knitalong for the Albuquerque SnB group... The yarn felt so soft and her sock knitted up so nicely. I am looking forward to a couple of projects with this yarn! I have shyed away from working with a lot of sock yarns because I had such a hard time working with the size 1 DPN's. My hands were cramping up like crazy when I tried using yarns like Opal or Regia... Since I have learned to do the socks on 2 circulars (I am using 24" Addi Turbos, size 1 and 0), I no longer have the cramping problem. It is nice to have this whole new world of yarn opened up to me!