Saturday, February 04, 2006

Do you know the way to San Jose???

My hubby came home from the grocery store singing this little ditty. He has been doing it for about 3 hours now... I am about to send him to San Jose... ;-)


Yesterday was the big day. Resident Weed came to visit us at work... Oh joy and rapture... Yesterday, I witnessed the death of Free Speech. They would not allow anyone to protest the Resident's visit. Not even at the public park across the street. I guess I had better keep my political opinions to myself before I end up in some dark cell as a threat to National Security...

After work, I cruised over to Village Wools for SEX!!! GET YOUR MINDS OUT OF THE GUTTER, PEOPLE! SEX is a Stash Enhancement eXpedition! Scout was working, so we chatted for a bit. I got some of the BRAND NEW SnB cards for our local chapter!!! Awesome!!! I also picked up some Jawoll, some Cascade Sassy Stripes and some Froelich Special Blauband... I put in an order for 8 hanks of Lorna's Laces sock yarn... The Amethyst Stripe looks SO FREAKING COOL!!!

After SEX, I went for my hair appointment with Jen. She is a GODDESS when it comes to color! I knitted on the 2 socks on 2 circs project while she did the color. A different Jen did the blow dry on my hair. We got to chatting about knitting... She has a boyfriend who is a knitter and also plays in a heavy metal band... IS THAT COOL OR WHAT??? Of course, I gave her a couple of the SnB Cards that Scout had just given to me... She sounded excited about joining us with her friends!!!

I just got the email that my book is on it's way!!! YEAH!!! The folks in my Socknitters group were talking about a book called Crazy Toes and Heels. When they described what was in the book, it was just the book I have been hunting high and low for! Since I am abolutely HOOKED on the 2 circs method for sock knitting, I have been wanting to learn how to do 2 at the same time. I am doing the cuff down socks now... This book will help me with the Toe-up method, which was the next project I wanted to tackle. I should have the book just in time for my business trip to San Jose next Sunday...

Tonight is our company Winter Party... Every other year, they have this party where we get to eat, dance, play gamble and have a good time. This year, they moved the party to the Embassy Suites Hotel. Right after I picked up the party tickets, hubby and I made reservations to stay there for the night tonight!!! Cool! We get to party harty and don't need to worry about driving home until noon tomorrow!!! So, I am heading back to my cool hairdresser at 2:45 for an updo for the party. I love this party cuz it's the one time every other year I get to shock the living crap out of my co-workers. I wear a formal dress, high heels, make my hair all pretty, put on some make-up and a little bit of perfume! In other words, this is the one time every other year that I actually look like a GIRL!!! Or as my family likes to say, "Damn, you clean up well!"

I am going to do my own personal Knitting Olympic event... The original one had you pick a project that it would be a challenge to finish between opening and closing ceremonies... For me, I am going to challenge myself my learning and practicing knitting techniques I have wanted to learn but I have not had the time to do!!!