Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Secret Cervix have landed...

Here is the progress on the 2 socks on 2 circular needles project. I am using Lorna's Laces in the color of Sand Ridge. They are really going fast and this picture doesn't do the colors justice...

Yesterday, I found out that we are going to have a "Special" visitor at work on Friday... This "Special" visitor has our whole workplace in a true tizzy. It would be really funny, but it is really messing up everything. Tomorrow, we all have to be at work before 7am (normal time to go in is 8am) or we will not be able to enter the place or find parking. I will be riding my motorcycle in 30 degree weather at 6am to make sure that I can find a place to park and get through all of the security to get into work. Since all of us are coming in at 6am, the place will be deserted by noon! It gives me a good excuse to go out yarn shopping! I would have taken the day off, but I have 2 meetings with outside folks that I can't reschedule...

Who is our "Special" visitor??? Let's just say if you watch any of the major news outlets, the company I work for and our "Special" visitor will be all over the news... Our "Special" visitor has a group of folks surrounding him that we have been joking calling "The Secret Cervix". The Secret Cervix really stand out at our workplace. They wear suits and walkie-talkies. NO ONE at my job EVER wears a suit... Tomorrow, there will be even more Secret Cervix agents camped out with weapons of various calibars in and on top of a variety of buildings... We have been wondering if they make bunny suits for the bomb sniffing dogs??? Where would their tails go???

Today, one of the bosses sent out an email telling everyone to "play nice" with our guests tomorrow. I guess since only 50% of the folks in our state supported our "Special" visitor, they think we would do silly things like protest, make really snide remarks or generally voice our discontent that would make the company look bad. Yup, I would have... In fact, I was trying to find my most subtle protest wear. Since we got the note (and I do enjoy living indoors and eating), I will play nice... Better wear my tin-foil hat so that they can't read my thoughts :-)

And if you are wondering, "Special" is short-bus special... Yet another thing to add to the 2" thick file the governent already has on me right now... Should you trust the government? Ask a Native American....